CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Accept Jesus As Your Saviour

"As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5 :8
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9,10
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" I John 1:9
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelations 20:14,15

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Psalm 38

"O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.
There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation."


David faced Goliath with a boldness that all Christians desire. He had no doubts, no fears, total confidence in his God. Yet the same David penned this Psalm. In this Psalm he no longer stands as a brave warrior ready to do battle knowing God is at his side. Now he feels alone, scare and can only say "Lord, I hope your listening." God listens. We won't always stand ready to face our giants with the same boldness as David had. Yet, when we call out to God, he is there. He promises to "never leave us or forsake us" When we don't feel his presence, we can still have faith, He hears. He cares.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Patriot's Honor