CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Accept Jesus As Your Saviour

"As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5 :8
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9,10
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" I John 1:9
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelations 20:14,15

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Growing Old In His Glory

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom"
Psalms 90:12

This past week I celebrated my fortieth birthday with my close friends and family at a surprise party that was planned for me. I was often asked how I felt about being forty. The truth is I am not sure.

I can look back at forty years and say my teen years were wild and I was often in trouble. I married young. I had one miscarriage, one induced labor, and four C-sections. We had little or no money. My life was busy changing diapers, wiping noses, and nursing babies. I tried to help earn money by having a daycare at home so I could be here with my children. The ministry my husband and I dreamed of never happened. My husband had some problems and after twenty years of marriage, he moved out. Wow I feel old. I feel like my life has been wasted. I wonder what I have accomplished after forty years.

I can also look back at forty years and remember a different life. I remember being raised by wonderful parents who loved me very much. I remember God drawing me to Himself and accepting Jesus as my Saviour when I was eighteen years old. I remember meeting and marrying a wonderful man who loved me. I remember the birth of each of our children. Loving them, praying for them, teaching them. I remember watching each of them bowing their heads and asking Jesus to save them. I remember God allowing me to stay at home and care for my children. I remember the children in my Sunday school classes. The Bus Children I would help pick up for church. I remember the faces of those I had the privilege to lead to the Lord. I remember dear friends. Wow I feel blessed. I feel rich. I feel like God has used me over the years. I am looking forward to being used by God in the years to come.

So what does it feel like to be forty. I feel sad when I think of the years I wasted living for self. I rejoice in the years spent living for Him. I feel sorry for the opportunities I missed to be a blessing in the past. I look forward to the opportunities I will have to share the gospel with others. I regret the mistakes I have made. I rejoice that they are all covered by the Blood. I ache for the things I have lost. I praise God I will never lose that which He holds in His hand. I long for the days that have past. I look forward to what is yet to come.

So I feel good to be forty. I feel blessed, loved and cared for. I know God is making me into who He wants me to be. I know I never am alone. I know one day, I will reap, if I faint not.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Patriot's Honor